June 17, 2008

The beginning

Alright, this is it. This is how it begins. Right here, right now. This is where and how I start becoming a better hunter and preparing for what will be an epic September adventure. I(we, Pup and I) have 93 days to prepare for mountans, canyons, hunger, pain, backbreaking meat trips, and most of all, the moment of truth. The moment where everything you have worked for, everything you have dreamed about is right in front of you, and it's what you do in that second that determines success or failure. It's not a question of if I have what it takes, it's a question of when, because failure is never an option in my book, it's only a tempory obsticle.

So what is Elk Quest 2008? For me, it's about the quest to accomplish something I only have ever dreamed about. Idaho 2006 came and went with one in the books for the good guys and Pup killing a freaking beautiful 5x5. Idaho 2007 was a bust with everyone coming home with nothing more then many great memories and crushed dreams. 2008 will not be the same. 2008 is our year. Our year to make that old Dakota suck fuel like no other because it's completely stacked full with hides and horns!

My hope for this is to help me prepare, so that there is no question what so ever that I did everything in my power to prepare for success. So saddle up, strap in, and enjoy the ride. Let's see what it takes to make Elk Quest 2008 come to fruition!

No comments:

Post a Comment