June 17, 2008

Tuesday, June 17

The day started out early, 3:45am to be exact. Made for a pretty short night considering I didn't put Owen down until 11:00pm. Should have tried to go to sleep then, but I was trying to find a solution for water purification for the hunt. I'm planning to use tablets but after reading some posts on a backpacker website, I'm wondering if I can find something else to use as well to get rid of the dirty water look. Looking into gravity filtration and a product from Sawyer. Maybe it's all in the mind.

Head hit the pillow at 12:00am and it wasn't long before it all started again. What started as an early effort to get 10 miles in before heading to a meeting at 7:30 am, ended up with me getting caught in the "Owen pinch". The "Owen pinch" or "OP"is what I call getting totally redirected by anything baby Owen related. Being a new father, I have found that it doesn't matter what your doing, it can all change in the blink of a eye, but it's awesome. Baby Owen's the man, I love him to death.

Anyway, a quick meal with Owen and then out the door with a little less than 45 minutes to fit in 6. Guess I'm hitting the other 4 after work tonight. The 31 miler is coming fast with a little less than 4 weeks left to prepare. Been hitting the hills hard and on the weekends punching miles on the trail. With what I did to prepare for the C-town marathon (May), I'm just hoping I have enough to make a showing. And by showing, I mean finish. With 31 miles and over 3800 ft. of elevation change, it's all about finishing. I figure taking after Cam and notching my belt on an ultra should help my prep for the Quest. All in all, 10 miles for the day and arrows from the trusty Pearson Z-34 in the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment