July 17, 2008

Thursday, July 17

Well here I am, 2 days from race day. 2 days from seeing what I am made of and if all the prep work has paid off. In a little over a year, 1 year and 17 days to be exact, I have went from running nothing at all to pounding out 40-60 miles a week, completing 2 Marathons, and now I'm getting ready to toe the line on an ultra, 31.6 miles. All to prepare to fulfill the quest of tagging my first Elk.

Saturday is race day and I just looked at the weather and it's going to be hot, they're calling for temps at the 90 degree mark which should make this a pretty good experience of pain and suffering. Perfect preparation for the trip. Haven't been doing much running at all this week. I'm ending the taper stage before the big run. I know tapering is good for the legs, but it really plays havoc with you mentally. Feels like you're unpreparing rather than preparing........ it's all a mind game.

I'm getting really excited about the hunt, with only 63 days left Colorado is right around the corner. I have now gotten all of pins set with the exception of my 60 and knowing where my bubble hits. Last year with the 07' Z-34 my bubble hit at 73 yards. "Need to get" items keeping coming off my list. Each time I go to the store I keep picking up more and more food items, pretty soon the list will be down to zero. Equipment wise I pretty much have everything I need with only a few items left to acquire, pretty much down to the nitty gritty at this point. The bugling is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment