April 24, 2009

RFTT Update.......

22 days and counting until race day and the final touches are put on the RFTT. With all of the support thus far totals have climbed to over $6,300 dollars. For all the math majors out there, that’s roughly $241 per mile. Time is running out so if you have not done so please go to http://www.runforthethree.com/ and pledge your support or forms can also be downloaded here.

A very cool option on race day that is not currently up yet but will be is to track my “live” progress during the race via text message. The messages are sent at 4 different points during the race with splits and pace. This run tracker usually doesn’t become an option through http://www.clevelandmarathon.com/ until right before race day, as soon as I see it I will post it here.

Training is going well and I’m wrapping up my final big week (60 miles) before I start to taper for race day. Anyone following me on Twitter knows I’m working hard to punch the miles out day by day to prepare myself for what will no doubt be the most important run of my life. Each day when I wake up at 4:15am or get off the treadmill at 1:45am I think about Kyle and how important this is to what he loved most….his family. I just hope I have done enough, stay tuned…..

No comments:

Post a Comment