June 20, 2008

Friday, June 20

Last night was an exciting night. Had two boxes sitting on the table when I got home, finally received my new gear from UA. I'm impressed, I think the gear is going to work awesome for the hunt. Before bed ran some arrows through the 34 in the basement, gonna try and get my 30, 40, 50, and 60 pins set up this weekend.

Hit another 7 miles this morning before work. Today was interval training, which means I'm doing speed work. It was 1 mile warm up, 2 miles at 6:48, 800 jog, 2 @ 6:48, 800 jog, then a 1 mile warm down. I love speed work days because it breaks up the schedule a little, and this is where I can really make a dent in my pace or the mile per minute category. The Columbus Marathon in October will be the test, in order to qualify for Boston next year, I have to run 7:15's for 26.2, that's 30 seconds faster per mile then I did at Cleveland. I'm really hoping the Buckeye 50, as well as packing all that meat, will help on the leg strength and get me to Boston.

Really looking forward to the weekend. Going to try and put together a draft version of the pack. I don't have all my pieces to the puzzle yet, but I have enough to start seeing what everything looks like. Heading out for a long run on Saturday and then hitting the trail on Sunday for another long one. Going to a new section of the trail, really looking forward to pounding the hills on something I haven't hit yet. It's going to be great, mud, hills, and miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment