June 19, 2008

Wednesday, June 18

Another early one, 3:55 am alarm goes off and I'm up. Make a cup of starbucks on the new machine, which by the way is freaking awesome, and I'm out the door in the cover of darkness. Headed out for another 10 miles. I'm to the point now where just about each and every time I go out, it's double digit mileage. Takes anywhere from a little over an hour to 1 1/2 hours, depending upon the day.

Here we go. Start the iPod and visions of arrows flying and elk and mulies dying are in my head. I love running in the dark, just makes you feel hardcore. Man Pup, this is going to be an awesome trip! I think the thing I'm most excited about is we're finally bivouacking (sp?) it. In a tent, on our own, nothing but us, our trusty Pearson's, and the elk. The way it's meant to be done. That alone should make us tough, right? I can't wait, the harder the better in my opinion.

Time to wrap it up for the day. Right before bed hit another dozen or so arrows in the basement and it was off to bed. I guess something is better than nothing. Man the Z-34 feels great.......best yet in my opinion, Jon and crew did a fantastic job on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment