June 28, 2008

Saturday, June 28

Sitting here Saturday morning drinking a cup of coffee and scouring past Eastman's Bowhunting Journals. Last weekend I pulled out all of my past issues and set aside any that had anything at all to do with Colorado or articles on gear. I've read them once, but you never know when you might forgot something or just completely miss it. For a hunt like this where everything relies on you, it's all about the details. There can't be any question, I want to know that we have done absolutely everything in our power to ensure success. Remember, failure is not an option.

Hunt wise.......I'm trying to shoot as much as possible and thinking through the gear. I finally found time last night to lay everything out that I have for the pack. Overall, I would say I have about 70% of the stuff. I'm going to pick up some more food items and gear today, each week I try and knock a few more items off the "need to get" list.

Running wise.........Took Thursday off, did 10 yesterday, and today I do interval work, total of 7. Really looking forward to tomorrow, I'm putting it to the test on the trail for another 15. Last week I felt great, so we'll see how well I'm pulling it together for the big 31 in a couple weeks.........

No comments:

Post a Comment